ALTERED CARBON is set in a future where consciousness is digitized and stored in cortical stacks implanted in the spine, allowing humans to survive physical death by having their memories and consciousness “re-sleeved” into new bodies. The story follows specially trained “Envoy” soldier Takeshi Kovacs, who is downloaded from an off-world prison and into the body of a disgraced cop at the behest of Laurens Bancroft, a highly influential aristocrat. Bancroft was killed, and the last automatic backup of his stack was made hours before his death, leaving him with no memory of who killed him and why. While police ruled it a suicide, Bancroft is convinced he was murdered and wants Kovacs to find out the truth.
Related subtitles for download
- Haggada Kone: End of the Rope (2014) Channa the protagonist is a murder accused who has been sentenced to death by the court of law. His thoughts buried in his subconscious […]
- NOVA S43E15 – Memory Hackers Season 43, Episode 15 – “Memory Hackers”
An examination of how memory works. Included: research being done by neuroscientists, who’ve […]
- Soaked in Bleach (2015) Twenty years ago, Kurt Cobain was found dead of an apparent gunshot wound to the head. The world was told it was a suicide, but evidence […]
- Deep Water S01E00 – The Real Story
Detectives Tori Lustigman and Nick Manning are assigned a brutal murder case in Bondi, where they begin to uncover mounting […]
- Pants on Fire (2014) Jack Parker has always skated by on his lies, especially the one about Mikey, an underprivileged (and made-up) teen who Jack "tutors"... […]
- Angels in the Snow (2015) In Angels in the Snow, the affluent, yet troubled Montgomery family hits the road for a special Christmas in the mountains.