Original Title: 大唐玄奘
Buddhism-themed Chinese-Indian historical adventure film based on Xuanzang’s seventeen-year overland journey to India during the Tang dynasty in the seventh century. Xuan Zang (c. 602 – 664), was a Chinese Buddhist monk, scholar, traveler, and translator who described the interaction between China and India in the early Tang dynasty. From boyhood, he took to reading religious books, including the Chinese classics and the writings of ancient sages. He later travelled throughout China in search of sacred books of Buddhism. Subsequently, he developed the desire to visit India. This is when he became famous for his seventeen-year overland journey to India, which is recorded in detail in the classic Chinese text Great Tang Records on the Western Regions.
DOWNLOAD ENGLISH SUBTITLE NOW(6 downloads) Aired October 30, 2016
Related subtitles for download
- The Story of China S01E02 – Ancestors Season 1, Episode 2 - “Ancestors”
Michael Wood tells the tale of China’s first great international age under the Tang Dynasty (618-907). […]
- Pirates (2014) On the eve of the founding of the Joseon Dynasty, a whale swallows the Emperor's Seal of State being brought to Joseon by envoys from […]
- The Great Wall (2015) The Great Wall has been completed at its most southerly point.’ So begins Kafka’s short story ‘At the Building of the Great Wall of […]
- Lady of the Dynasty (2015) 王朝的女人·杨贵妃 The tragic story of a Tang Dynasty imperial consort who was the favorite of the Emperor Xuanzong.
Wang chao de nv ren: Yang Gui […]
- Karl Pilkington: The Moaning Of Life S02E02 – Identity Season 02, Episode 02 - “Identity”
Karl Pilkington is 40 now, and after three successful series of `An Idiot Abroad’ that sent him around […]
- Seymour: An Introduction (2015) Ethan Hawke directs this intimate documentary portrait of classical pianist, composer, author, teacher and sage Seymour […]