Director-producer Andrew Wiseman began filming Richard and his family in 1989, making the documentaries Driving with Richard (1992) and Wonder Boy (2001) before On Richard’s Side – the culmination of his 27-year project. Richard was born with a complex disability. He needs 24-hour care, seven days a week. Now in her early sixties, his mother Deirdre is apprehensive about her son’s future. She is determined to build a circle of friends and carers for Richard, and to find him sustainable long-term accommodation. Wiseman’s intimate documentary, enriched by Deirdre’s impassioned voice, reveals just what it means to care for someone who needs care for life.
Related subtitles for download
- The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst (2015) Robert Durst, scion of one of New York’s billionaire real estate families, has been accused of three murders but never convicted. […]
- In Jackson Heights (2015) Legendary documentary filmmaker Frederick Wiseman (At Berkeley, National Gallery) explores the culture, politics and daily life of the […]
- The True Cost (2015) Film from Andrew Morgan. The True Cost is a documentary film exploring the impact of fashion on people and the […]
- Tony (2016) Tony is a responsible 19 year old boy who is caring for his mentally ill mother. Whilst at work in the local card shop, best friend Reece […]
- Love, Nina S01E05 – Episode 5 Nina accidentally crashes George’s car and manages to set in motion a series of mishaps that could lead to her leaving the house for […]
- Dora or The Sexual Neuroses of Our Parents (2015) After her mother decided that the eighteen-year-old mentally disabled Dora no longer has to take psychotherapeutic drugs, the young woman […]