In 2011 Portugal began the so-called “year of the Troika” (EU, IMF and ECB budget cuts and economic restructuring), with the level of debt among the Portuguese people reaching staggering amounts and a growing number of families and companies unable to repay their installment loans. Jorge is an unemployed boxer on the verge of losing his son and his wife, who has decided to return to Brazil. As a means of paying off his debt and persuading his wife to remain in Portugal, Jorge accepts a job with a debt-collection agency, which will drag him into a world of violence and crime.
Related subtitles for download
- Arabian Nights: Volume 1, The Restless One (2015) Every night, in danger of being beheaded, Scheherazade tells King Shahryar unfinished tales to continue them the following night, hence […]
- Highway to Hellas (2015) The life of Jorg Geissner, a German banker, totally transforms with a visit to Paladiki Island, Greece. A business trip to check on a […]
- The Gambler (2014) Literature professor and gambler Jim Bennett's debt causes him to borrow money from his mother and a loan shark. Further complicating his […]
- Hoje Eu Quero Voltar Sozinho (2014) The Way He Looks Leonardo is a blind teenager searching for independence. His everyday life, the relationship with his best friend, Giovana, and the way he […]
- Power Monkeys S01E06 – Episode 6 The Unity Unit has resorted to violence, Oleg has resorted to betrayal, Bea to tyranny, and Gerry learns the healing power of the truth – […]
- Power Monkeys S01E03 – Episode 3 There’s just a day left for the EU referendum camps to try and sway the waiverers.